Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lucy's Little Devotional - I got a "C" on a pop quiz... (1 Kings 11:11)


I'm a little sad again today...
I missed my history class last Friday and even though my dad told me to call my friend Sally and get the lesson, I forgot to. 
On Monday we had a pop quiz. I got a "C" on it. I didn't call and ask Sally about the lesson, so I didn't study the material so... it's my own fault. 



This kind of reminds me of Solomon (well kinda). He was the smartest man in the world (the one who built the first temple in Jerusalem too) but he forgot to do what God told him to do. To make his many wives happy he worshiped strange gods. Solomon didn't just get a "C" on a pop quiz though... He lost most of his kingdom for his kids.

Here's the Bible Verse about it:
"So the Lord said to Solomon, 'Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates.'" (1 Kings 11:11)



I sure will make sure to do as my dad says and call my friend Sally to ask about the lessons the next time I miss a class!


Dear God, help me to pay better attention to my dad. And please, help me to get "A's" on all the rest of the pop quizzes in history this term!

Note: The picture of Solomon with the plans for the temple can be found on Wikipedia. It's from an 1896 Bible card- the Providence Lithograph Company.