Sunday, February 23, 2014

Animals in the Bible - The Dove (Part 3)


There is yet another way the dove is mentioned in the Bible.




In Psalm 55 King David is very sad. He wishes he could be like a dove, spread his wings and fly far away from his troubles. 

This is something I understand. We have lots of seagulls here in Maine and sometime when I watch them playing in the sky I wish I could be like them and fly far way. But of course, I can't. Hey! Maybe that's one of the reasons we humans don't have wings... we'd always be flying away from one another!
That sure would make for a huge traffic jam in the sky!


Here's the Bible verse where the dove is mentioned: 

"I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. I would flee far away and stay in the desert; I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and story." (Psalm 55) 

The picture of the doves comes from my friend. Thanks for letting me use it!