Monday, December 2, 2013

Animals in the Bible - The Gazelle






The Gazelle.


Okay, this is a really pretty animal.








There are verses in the Bible that are romantic gooey stuff about the gazelle (Ick!).

But my favorite verse is the one in 1 Chronicles. It talks about how fast the little Gazelle runs!


"Some Gadites defected to David at his stronghold in the wilderness. They were brave warriors, ready for battle and able to handle the shield and spear. Their faces were the faces of lions, and they were as swift as gazelles in the mountains." (1 Chronicles 12:8)

Look at this photo of a gazelle running from Stable Days!
And this is a little animal! It's not big like a horse but only about 2 to 3 feet tall!

This is why it's one of my favorite animals from the Bible. I like to run. I hope I can always run like a gazelle! How about you?

Note: The images of the gazelles are from Wikipedia and from Stable Days. Thanks guys!